Dry, flaky and scaly skin on your eyelids may be the worst conditions because it can be very uncomfortable, unattractive and irritating. Dry eyelids may affect many people, most probably the people who already have issues with the dry skin. Before you apply any kind of moisturizers, lubrication or any lotions to your eyelids to relieve the dryness then it is quite important that you talk to a dermatologist to find the underlying cause. However, you can also get rid of dry eyelids with the best natural remedies.
Our Editors Recommend:
Causes For Dry Eyelids:
Itchy or dry eyelids can be caused by different underlying issues. Below are some of the main causes for dry eyelids. It may also include Sjogren’s syndrome. Other causes are:
- Cosmetics (eyeliner, foundation, eye shadow)
- Underlying Skin Conditions (see below)
- Eyelash Curlers (the nickel body can cause irritation)
- Hair Dye-containing the ingredient p-Phenylenediamine
Some other conditions that may cause dry eyelids are:
- Atopic Dermatitis, which is the result of airborne allergens.
- Eyelid Dermatitis, also known to manifest itself as an allergic reaction to something that comes into direct contact with the eyelids.
- Blepharitis, a chronic inflammation of the eyelids caused by excess bacteria.
- Eborrheic Dermatitis, which happens when the skin reacts to its own natural oils and bacteria.
Some other cosmetic ingredients that can cause dry eyelids:
Do you know that dry eyelids causes due to makeup. Yes, it is true, sometimes; you may get dry eyelids from makeup application. There are several chemicals present in different kinds of makeup products like eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, primer, etc. So, be very careful while you apply any makeup product on your face including your eyes. Make sure that the cosmetic products you use for makeup application include less amount of chemicals in it so that you can avoid having dry eyelids.
- Resins such as colophony
- Pearlescent additives such as bismuth oxychloride
- Pigment contaminants such as nickel
- Preservatives such as parabens, imidazolidinyl urea, quaternium-15, pheny mercuric acetate and potassium sorbate
- Emollients such as propylene glycol and lanolin
- Antioxidants such as butylated hydroxytoluene, di-tert-butyl-hydroquinonen and butylated hydroxyanisole
You May Also Like: 6 Natural Remedies For Drooping Eyelids
Some Vital Symptoms of Dry Eyelids:
These are some of the symptoms that can make your eyelids dry:
- Discoloration of skin
Some Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Eyelids
You can try all these below home remedies for dry eyelids treatment. These are very easy to apply and there is no need to put a lot of effort, money and time to apply all these dry flaky eyelids home remedies. So, look at the below home remedies for dry eyelids and start treating this eyelid issue.
- Just pour a little amount of baby shampoo into some warm water and apply it directly to the skin but still warm to help encourage the release of moisture from the body and also to open pores. This is the simplest and easiest dry eyelids home remedy you can apply.
- Use cucumber by chopping the slices of it and then place them over your eyes and leave it for about 20 minutes and then let the cucumber juice soak straight into the eyes. After this is done, wash your eyes with normal water.
- You can also apply aloe vera gel to your eyelids and then massage with your fingertips. Do this for 10-15 minutes and then rinse your eyes with normal water. This is really effective, just try this dry eyelids home remedy and see the results.
- Try to avoid exposure to hot water by simply taking shorter, cooler showers and baths and by washing your face once in a day.
- Always clean your face with soaps and facial cleansers that should be fragrance-free and quite gentle on your skin.
- Make sure that you add moisturizer to your environment like a humidifier.
- You can also apply a cold compress to your eyelids to soothe itchy, dry and irritated skin around the eyes.
- Do not touch your eyelids as well as eyes with your hands when they are not clean enough.
You can try all these home remedies for dry eyelids treatment. They are very simple to apply and you don’t even have to spend a lot of time to apply these dry eyelids remedies. All these remedies will let you know how to treat dry eyelids naturally at home.
Also Read: 7 Insane Home Remedies To Get Rid Of A Stye On Eyelids
How To Get Rid Of Dry Eyelids Naturally
With the help of below some effective ways, you can get rid of dry eyelids. All these below ways will help you know how to treat dry eyelids naturally. They are very easy to follow and are related to your daily routine so you don’t have to put any extra effort to try the ways to know how to get rid of dry eyelids.
- Skin around your eyes is much more sensitive than skin around any other part of the body. If you just simply apply moisturizers or lotions then it could be quite unsafe and it is not even recommended by most dermatologists. There are lots of creams and gels made by companies for the skin around your eyes and eyelids. If you use these types of lubricant then it can help you achieve the moisturized skin you are looking for on your eyelids. You can also try another option which is to gently wash your eyelids with baby shampoo and then wipe the eyelid area and clean it. You can also talk with a dermatologist regarding this issue.
- Another trick you can apply is to avoid known allergies. Try to avoid some potential allergens like bacitracin ointment, facial cleansers, cosmetics, shampoos, nickel eyelash curlers and hair dyes that contain an ingredient called p-phenylenediamine. Do not continue using makeup until your condition heals. Sometimes, fresh nail polish and some foods allergies can also affect your eyelids. Do not ever try to touch dirty surfaces with your hands because there are many people around us that naturally touch their face and eyes without even thinking for a second that it can harm their skin.
- Try to keep your hands clean by constantly washing then or by applying an antibacterial gel. Try to wash your face twice a day especially before reapplying makeup and before going to bed. Also, you can use warm pads and warm washcloths to soften the dry skin on your eyelids that can make it easier to remove.
You May Also Like: How to Get Rid of Eye Puffiness With Home Remedies
After going through this blog, you must have noticed the causes of dry eyelids and how it can be treated with different ways. Also, some home remedies that can be applied to treat dry eyelids. But apart from these, you can also try some other home remedies for eyelids if anything happens to them. Or you can also try Eye Secrets Eye Lid Lift to get rid of eyelid issues and much more. This is the safest way to treat your eyelids in any situation.
How To Get Rid Of Dry Eyelids Naturally With Effective Ways
You can know the causes and the treatments to be applied to know how to get rid of dry eyelids naturally at home with easy and effective treatments. Try these natural treatments at your home and see the results.