Puffy eyelids can be quite irritating when you wake up with this eye and when you have a big day ahead. Puffy eyelids are the most common beauty problems that have been seen in most of the women. Puffy eyelids occur when the eyes begin to swell for different reasons which may also, include genetics, hormonal changes, physical stress in a body and also a change in the weather, sinus problems, bad diet, allergic reaction, hangovers and lack of sleep. “Eyelid Puffiness” also takes place when the process of digestion is disturbed. If the meal is taken in time and chewed properly then it may keep you away from eyelid puffiness.
Our Editors Recommend:
However, there are lots of causes and symptoms that may lead to puffy eyelids but some of the most common causes and symptoms of puffy eyelids are mentioned in the below section. Let us have a look at them one by one.
Causes of Puffy Eyelids:
Sometimes puffiness around the eyes occurs because of the lack of sleep. Some other causes that may lead to eye puffiness are as follows:
- fluid retention
- excessive alcohol intake
- tear gland dysfunction
- contact lens wear
- nephritic syndrome
- eye infections
- tear gland dysfunction
- skin disorders
- hormonal fluctuations
- excessive alcohol intake
- improper diet
Symptoms of Puffy Eyelids
Eye puffiness can be determined by the following symptoms:
- Excess tear production
- Redness of the eyelid
- Obstructed vision
- Eyelid dryness or flaking
- Eye irritation – itchiness
- Saggy or loose skin
- Dark circles
- Eye discharge
- Red and inflamed eyes
Puffy eyelids can be treated with some natural remedies or it can also be treated with some effective ayurvedic home remedies. In the below section, you will get to know about some ayurvedic home remedies for treating puffy eyelids in an effective manner. Let us have a look at them one by one:
Ayurvedic Treatment For Puffy Eyelids
- One of the best ayurvedic remedies you can try to treat puffy eyelids is to make use of water. In order to treat puffy eyelid, you are required to take some water and then clean your eye. This is instructed because it can wash out all the dirt particles from the eyes. Also, it is quite better if you use cold water instead for your eyes.
- Another ayurvedic remedy, you can try is to cut a few onions and take out its juice. Now simply pour the juice on the eyelids if you want quick treatment.
- You can take some rose water and mix rose water with little amount of honey. This is the best treatment you can apply to treat puffy eyelids.
- Another ayurvedic remedy you can try is to take 300 ml of water and then add 2 tablespoon of coriander seeds to it. Let this mixture boil for about 15-20 minutes. Now strain the mixture and then leave the solution to cool. After cooling, this solution can be used to wash your eyes twice a day.
- Guava leaves can also be used to treat puffy eyelids. For this, you need to take some fresh guava leaves and warm them up. Now place it in a clean dry cloth and then keep it on the puffy eyelids for some time. Doing so will help you reduce the redness and puffiness of the eyelid.
- A special chemical content called Tannin present in tea bags can be used for treatment for puffy eyelids. For this, you have to take a tea bag and dip it in water and then remove it and press it on the eyelid area. For better results, you should try this for at least 5 times a day.
- You can also try acacia leaves for this treatment. For this, take some fresh acacia leaves and then boil them in water. Now dip a clean piece of cloth in this water and then use it as a warm compress over the puffy eyelid area.
- Parsely leaves are also very beneficial for ayurvedic treatment for puffy eyelids. To treat puffy eyelids, you are required to take some parsley leaves and brew it for 10 minutes in boiling water. Now take a clean piece of cloth and then simply dip it in the water. Now it’s time to keep it over the eyelid for about 15-20 minutes.
- Another remedy you can apply is – boil castor leaves in water and then allow it to cool down, when this decoction is lukewarm dip cotton gauze it and then place it in both the eyes. When gauze become cold then it can be dipped once again in the decoction and then place on the eyelids.
- You can also boil two spoons of triphala powder in a glass of water until it reduces to quarter of a glass. When this is lukewarm, filter it and then add a spoon of honey. If you drink this decoction everyday then it will reduce eye puffiness.
- You can also take some potato and then make a paste of it. After this, spread the paste on a clean piece of cloth and then apply it on the affected area to reduce puffiness of the eyelids.
Before-After Image OF Puffy Eyelids After Treating With Ayurvedic Remedies
Ayurvedic treatment is a very common treatment that can be taken in view for most of the issues which also includes puffy eyelids. Puffy eyelids can be easily treated with some ayurvedic home remedies. These are very easy to apply and the results can be found just after applying these remedies for some time. However, eyelid issues can be treated with Eye Secret. Eye Secret Eye Lid Lift is a special product that has been made to deal with different eyelid issues.